Postcard showing flood debris on the street outside Notre Dame Academy, located at the corner of Franklin and Ludlow Streets.
Historical note: Fourteen years after the flood, in 1927, the Society of Mary purchased the Notre Dame Academy site and started Dayton Catholic School, renaming it Chaminade High School for the order's co-founder, William Joseph Chaminade. It became Chaminade Julienne Catholic High School in 1973.
University Archives and Special Collections
University of Dayton, "Flood debris on Dayton street (front)" (1913). Photographs and Postcards. 38.
St. Mary's Institute, University of Dayton, 1913 Dayton flood, Floods, Natural disasters