University Archives and Special Collections
In the center of the photograph is the Immaculate Conception Chapel as viewed from the east side of the building in 1900. Residential areas of Dayton, Ohio are visible in the upper right corner. Written on reverse, "1900--Rear view of Chapel--Nazareth, Saint Mary's Convent, Dayton, Ohio." Construction of Immaculate Conception Chapel was completed in 1869. The cupola was placed over the belfry in 1868 and capped with an 8 ft. cross. The four smaller crosses on each corner of the belfry were gilded in gold and were removed in 1907.
This item may be protected by copyright law (Title 17, U.S. Code). It may only be used for noncommercial educational and scholarly purposes. Please contact the University Archives and Special Collections at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about permission to use a specific digital resource.
Buildings, Immaculate Conception Chapel, Churches