University Archives and Special Collections
Dedication of the Statue of the Immaculate Conception, December 11, 1904. The Knights of St. John, Dayton and Springfield chapters, along with the Knights of St. George of Emanuel Church, the Italian Military Society, and the Soldiers' Home Band were among the guests attending the ceremony. Members of these organizations are most likely the men in militaristic uniforms and hats with white plumes in the center and right side of the photograph. Also in attendance was Archbishop Moeller of Cincinnati who gave the blessing for the statue. Moeller, wearing a mitre, is visible in the middle of a group of clergy to the lower right of the statue.
This item may be protected by copyright law (Title 17, U.S. Code). It may only be used for noncommercial educational and scholarly purposes. Please contact the University Archives and Special Collections at email@example.com to inquire about permission to use a specific digital resource.
Statues, Dedications, Students, Clergy, Bishops, St. Mary's Institute, Sculpture