University Archives and Special Collections
This photograph shows the interior of the Immaculate Conception Chapel decorated for Christmas in 1895. The side chapel on the left holds a Franciscan statue of St. Peter. In the upper center of the photograph is the marble tabernacle which holds a statue of the Virgin Mary. In front of the tabernacle is the wooden communion rail. The altar to the right of the tabernacle holds a statue of the Sacred Heart. Above the side altars are the Franciscan murals. A nativity scene is visible in the lower left side of the photograph.
This item may be protected by copyright law (Title 17, U.S. Code). It may only be used for noncommercial educational and scholarly purposes. Please contact the University Archives and Special Collections at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about permission to use a specific digital resource.
Buildings, Immaculate Conception Chapel, Churches, Interiors, Celebrations, Holidays, Christmas