Remedies for State Interference with Property Rights in South Africa: Deprivations, Expropriations and Custodianship
This chapter appears in the following book:
Weaver, Russell, and François Lichère. Remedies and property. Volume 3. Aix-en-Provence, France: Presses Universitaires d'Aix-Marseille, 2017.
It is an edited version of a portion of the article "Remedies for Regulatory Takings (Constructive Expropriations), Deprivations, Expropriations or Custodianship in South Africa and the U.S.," available on eCommons.
Outline of chapter:
- The Political and Economic Context of Property Rights in South Africa
- The Final Constitutional Text
- Arbitrary Deprivations: Room for Regulatory Takings Doctrine?
- Expropriation or Custodianship: Closing the Door on Compensation
- Custodianship Legislation in the Wake of Agri SA
- Determining Just and Fair Compensation for Expropriations
Presses Universitaires d'Aix-Marseille
Roederer, Christopher J., "Remedies for State Interference with Property Rights in South Africa: Deprivations, Expropriations and Custodianship" (2017). Books and Book Chapters by University of Dayton Faculty. 8.