Photo of painting of St. John (Jean) Eudes, photographed in the chapel of Pelletier Hall, Fort Thomas, Kentucky.
Eudes founded the Order of Our Lady of Charity in Caen, France, in 1641 to aid "fallen women." At the time of the French Revolution, seven houses existed in different parts of France. Disbanded along with the other convents of France in 1790, the houses reorganized after the Revolution.
Eudes was canonized in 1925.