Photo of painting in Pelletier Hall, Fort Thomas, Kentucky.
In 1828, the superior from the house at Tours, Sister Mary Euphrasia Pelletier, founded a new house at Angers at the request of the bishop. It was funded by a bequest from the Comtesse de Neuville. Pelletier obtained permission from Rome to found the congregation of the Sisters of Our Lady of Charity of the Good Shepherd there, and in 1835, she became the first Superior General.
Pelletier was canonized in 1940.