image preview

Creation Date



"Organized February 26, 1857. The buildings are detached and were erected between 1857 and 1859. They are built of brick and stone, and combined cover a space of 200 x 300 feet. The chapel was erected in 1869, and solemnly consecrated to the Sacred Heart, May 1, 1871. There are 40 Sisters in the institution. The Reformatory contains 100 inmates. The late Rev. Henry Koering was for over 33 years chaplain of this institution." (Source: Souvenir Album of American cities: Catholic Churches of Cincinnati and Hamilton County, Ohio, Edition. United States Church Album Publishing Company, 1896. Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County.)


Image Location