Download Full Text (2.0 MB)
- Additive Manufacturing (AM) is the process of building a 3D part layer by layer from metal/polymer feedstock.
- Digital Light Processing (DLP) is the AM method used in this project.
- Soft stretchable elastomers, thin sphere
- Mechanical properties are dependent on DLP process parameters.
- Goal: Investigate how different process parameters impact the tensile properties of soft 3D-printed elastomers and how a spherical membrane of such material dynamically responds to pressure
- Applications:Prosthetics, soft robotics, on-demand components for legacy aircraft
Robert L. Lowe, Christopher Cooley
Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
Meem, Asma Ul Hosna, "Mechanics and Dynamics of Soft Additively Manufactured Elastomers with Extreme Stretchability" (2021). Graduate Student Showcase. 23.