Though Sister M. Jean Frisk, S.S.M., retired from the Marian Library and International Marian Research Institute, she didn’t retire her popular annual Reunion Weekend campus tour of Marian sculptures. It’s now available as a self-guided tour, complete with a handy map and brochure describing each featured statue.
The brochure takes people to see:
- Immaculate Conception: Roesch Library lawn
- Our Lady of the Marian Library: Albert Emanuel Hall south façade
- Our Lady of the Pillar: Immaculate Conception Chapel’s west façade
- Mary, the Immaculate Conception: In reredos behind the altar of the Immaculate Conception Chapel
- Holy Family: Nazareth Courtyard outside St. Joseph Hall (north side of the building)
- Our Lady of the Pines: Serenity Pines garden, south of Marycrest Hall
- Mary, Seat of Wisdom: Marianist Cemetery
- Mary of Cana: Marianist Hall
The brochure also contains descriptions of other items of interest people can encounter on the tour as they move toward each stop. Brochures are available throughout the year at several locations on campus including the Immaculate Conception Chapel, the main lobby of Roesch Library and the Marian Library. Or, download it here.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License.
Zlotnik, Ann, "2017 Mary Across Our Campus: A Self-Guided Tour of the Beautiful Statues of Mary on the University of Dayton Campus" (2017). Reports and Promotional Materials. 25.