Download Full Text (160 KB)
- Catholic Nations are the most likely to advocate for the abolishment the death penalty.
- Observed: Catholics Against Capital Punishment.
- Most religious groups prefer life in prison over the death penalty.
- More religions are now opposed to the death penalty than they were in the past.
- Church attendance may be a factor when it comes to support or opposition of the death penalty.
- Persons who view their deity as compassionate are more likely to be opposed to the death penalty.
Anthropology | Psychology | Social and Behavioral Sciences | Social Work | Sociology
Neal, Isabel, "Religion and the Death Penalty in the United States" (2020). Content presented at the Roesch Social Sciences Symposium. 28.