Download Full Text (1.8 MB)
What are the reasons German Immigrants were able to dominate in the brewing industries? What had caused there to be so many German Immigrants in the Dayton area?
- Dayton Breweries started to take off with Germans:
- Germans had the economy booming with their lager.
- Families were able to hold their own and provide for their families.
- Discrimination occurred during World War I, World War II, and the Prohibition, which had caused most of the breweries to shut down.
- Breweries starting to make a huge comeback in Dayton.
Course Number and Title
UDI 204 (This is UD: Archival and Primary Source Research)
Hunt, Haylee, "German Immigration & Dayton Breweries" (2020). University Libraries Student Projects. 3.