Remembering Girls' Town of America, Cincinnati, Ohio
Stained Glass Windows and Other Objects
According to a 2017 article in Items of Interest, the newsletter of the Sisters of the Good Shepherd Province of Mid-North America, the Girls' Town Chapel included at least 140 stained glass windows, which were likely made in Munich, Germany sometime between 1910 and 1923. Most of the windows were removed to unrecorded destinations when Girls' Town closed. The Sisters of the Good Shepherd retained two of the windows, one depicting Jesus, the Good Shepherd, the other Mary, the Shepherdess for Christ, These windows were installed in the chapel of a new retirement home, Pelletier Hall, in Fort Thomas, Kentucky, which opened in March, 1982 and closed in 2016. The windows were subsequently moved to Good Shepherd Catholic Church in Montgomery, OH, in 2017.
These photographs of the windows and other items related to Girls' Town and the Sisters of the Good Shepherd were taken in the Pelletier Hall chapel in December 2015.
Next section: Life at Carthage