We seek submissions of work produced in First- and Second-Year Writing Program courses (ENG100, ENG200, ENG200H, ASI110, ASI120). Any writing or digital project created for a class assignment during the current semester is eligible for publication in the subsequent semester’s journal issue.
The editors of Line by Line value student work, including traditional written documents and digital media, that demonstrates exemplary student writing, critical thinking, and, if applicable, creative presentation. All work submitted to Line by Line should be final drafts.
Written submissions should be formatted in Microsoft Word, double-spaced, and in Times New Roman 12-point font. Alternative formats are acceptable if they reflect the design constraints of the assignment. Digital media files can be submitted as links or attachments. Please also follow the MLA format for source citation.
Each submission will be assessed by at least two journal editors.
Follow these steps to start the submission process:
- 1. If you would like to have your work considered for publication, please let your instructor know. He or she may suggest that you revise and refine the work before submitting it (for example, you might want to visit the Write Place).
- 2. Make sure your project includes your name, your instructor’s name, the assignment title, and the course number.
- 3. Written submissions should be formatted in Microsoft Word, double-spaced, and in Times New Roman 12-point font. Alternative formats are acceptable if they reflect the design constraints of the assignment. Digital media files can be sent as links or attachments. Please follow the MLA format for all sources.
- 4. Write a brief paragraph that describes your writing process when creating this work. For example, briefly describe the assignment, what steps you took to get started (e.g., prewriting, research), how many drafts were involved, and whether you revised your work based on a conference with your professor, a peer review, and/or a consultation at the Write Place). This “Writing Process” paragraph will be entered during the submission process.
- 5. Create a new account or login by selecting “Submit Project” on the menu to the left, and follow the prompts for submitting your work.